“The art and science of asking questions are the source of all knowledge.” – Thomas Berger
Nearing the end of the four-week review, it was time to start thinking about gathering feedback from the users. To keep things simple, I dropped each of the reviewers a personal note requesting their feedback toward the end of that week.
This would be an opportunity for them to provide open, honest feedback, as well as discussing how we wrap up the review including the publication of any posts on their blogs and social media channels.
In terms of preparation, I constructed a basic questionnaire by reusing some of the questions that had served me well in past, plus some “good” questions as recommended by The Mom Test. The questionnaire concluded with some admin, including whether the blogger would want to continue using Tinkerdash and how much they would pay.
Below show how the first draft looked. Where possible I’d try to ask the question in person or over the phone so to be able to dig deeper into people’s answers.
- How would you describe your weekly grocery shopping routine? For example, who you shop for, where you typically shop and how.
- What are your biggest pains when it comes to grocery shopping? How are you dealing with it now? What else have you tried?
Tinkerdash provides people with their own virtual assistant, who can help you with almost any grocery shopping tasks you wish. If you had access to an assistant, how would you use them?Decided not to repeat this question.
- Finally, how would you feel about letting somebody else shop for you?
- How would you describe your weekly grocery shopping routine?
- What are your biggest pains when it comes to grocery shopping? How are you dealing with it now?
- Do you want to continue using Tinkerdash? Why?
- If yes, how much would you be willing to pay on a weekly basis?
- How do you see the review process working?
- How shall we deliver your financial reward for completing the review?
Finally, is there anything else I should have asked?
With questionnaires going out to reviewers over the course of that next week, it was an exciting time. What would they say? And could their feedback change the course of Tinkerdash forever?